Friday 24 June 2011

Bloody ipod Stand!

Today was a dark day in the woodshed.
I was knocking up an ipod stand for my buddy Austin. I'd cut the slot with my circular saw and it was looking good, although a little rough. Which is where the trouble started!
I decided to trim up the slot a little with my heavy tenon saw, I was using my thumb and fore finger as a guide when I slipped and (feeling faint) I cut my thumb!
I did the merry dance of pain, swearing and shouting for help from ma lovely.
One bandage and a cuddle later, peace fell upon the shed again.
Later I was using the power plane on the wood to tidy it up when it ripped the front section off, so I threw it in the rubbish bin.
Lesson of the day, don't use a tool for that what it wasn't intended, or you'll end up cutting yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any views or comments, leave them below.